THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY HALTED AS OF NOVEMBER 23, 2015 DUE TO A LOSS OF SERVICE BY THE COMPANY THAT HANDLES THE RECYCLING. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE SEE ComEd’s WEBSITE HERE.
If you have an empty, working refrigerator or freezer that is between 10 and 30 cubic feet, ComEd would be interested in it! If it is also easily accessible with a clear path for removal, ComEd will pick it up and pay you $50 per applicance. The price has been raised and is available through March 31, 2014.
- You must be a current ComEd customer.
- The customer must be 18 years or older.
- If the customer has a working, room air conditioner to be picked up, an additional $10 will be given.
- The program is first come, first served.
- Limit two rebates per household per year.
Call 855-433-2700 between 7am-8pm M-F and 9am-5pm Saturday for more information and to schedule a time. Or schedule online.