Filed under: Uncategorized
Fall is here and it’s time to experience what this time of the year must have been like on an 1880s farm. Join the Schaumburg Park District as they hold their annual Autumn Harvest Festival on October 2, 2011 from 12:00 to 5:00 at Spring Valley’s Volkening Heritage Farm. They are located at 1111 E. Schaumburg Road. Admission is $4 per person; $16 per family of six or fewer with additional members $4 per person. Children three and under are free.
Come join the fun:
- See scheduled demonstrations of cow milking, cider pressing, working draft horses and more.
- Visit a frontier camp, smell food cooked over an open fire and the inside of a Native American wigwam.
- Enjoy children’s crafts, live old-time music, food and refreshments. Additional fees apply for food and beverages.
- Help with farm chores and harvesting.
- Watch a blacksmith at work.
- Decorate a pumpkin.
Call 847/985-2100 for more information.