Come and learn about all things “green” by
- Visiting booths
- Attending workshops to build a bird feeder, learning to attract songbirds to your garden, and using natural landscaping to attract and feed pollinators
- Participating in demonstrations on how weather systems are created
- Picking up printed information and giveaways
- Collection of eyeglasses, keys and cell phones.
- Recycling Avenue small electronics collection.
Recycling Avenue will accept a variety of small electronics. Televisions and CRT monitors will NOT be accepted.
Booth participants in the library’s lobby will include: Spring Valley Nature Center, The Tomato Lady, Schaumburg Garden Club, Schaumburg Bicycle Club, Gifts of the World Fair Trade, Hoffman Estates Garden Club, Northwest Cook County Group of the Illinois Sierra Club, Illinois Solar Energy Association, Master Gardeners, Habitat for Humanity ReStore and SCARCE.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore will NOT have a collection this year but will be represented at a table in the lobby.
A craft project for kids, ages 8-14 will also be held during the fair. Registration is not required.
Come one, come all for an afternoon of Coming to the Green Side!
Filed under: Green Program
It will be held November 4 and 5 at Roosevelt University in Schaumburg.
The event is being held for:
–Business owners interested in sustainability or offering green services
–Homeowners interested in making their homes more energy efficient
Workshops, speakers and networking opportunities will be offered. It will be a productive way to gain new information for a greener home and business.
If you have any questions, contact the Community Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-923-3855.