What: The Hoffman Estates Department of Health and Human Services accepts outdated or unused non-controlled substance medications and sharps (syringes, needles and lancets.) Used sharps should be contained in a biohazard container available to residents at no cost from the Department of Health and Human Services. Or they may be encapsulated inside a rigid plastic laundry detergent bottle with a screw-top lid.
When: The First Wednesday of each month from 10-2.
Where: Health and Human Services entrance at the south side of the Hoffman Estates Village Hall, 1900 Hassell Road.
Who: For Hoffman Estates residents only.
SUSTAINABLE SATURDAY RECYCLING EVENT
WHO: Village of Lisle
WHERE: Dana and Ada Rice Center parking lot at Benedictine University, 5700 College Road, Lisle.
WHEN: March 19, 2016 from 9-Noon
- Electronics (such as telephones, desktop and laptop computers, computer monitors, mice, modems, scanners, televisions, mobile devices, radios, tape players, gaming consoles, printers, fax machines, power and network cables, telephones, chargers, VCRs, DVD players, chargers, keyboards, stereos, fax machines, microwaves, small household appliances, copy machines, and printers.) Please note only flat screen TVs will be accepted; no cathode ray tube (CRT) computer monitors will be accepted during the event.
- Records, VHS tapes, CDs and DVDs
- Ink jet cartridges
- Eye glasses, hearing aids, and old keys
- Rechargeable and household batteries
- Large SLA batteries (car, boat and sump pump, etc.)
- Scrap metal (such as washers, dryers, stoves, drained lawn mowers, swing sets, hangers, metal fencing, garden tools, tomato cages, pots, pans and lawn furniture)
- Worn American flags
- Fluorescent light bulb tubes and CFLs
- Building / hardware supplies in good condition (i.e. cabinets, doors, tools, plumbing and lighting fixtures)
- Clothes, any textiles, furniture and shoes for Goodwill Industries
- Bicycles and helmets
- Used cooking oil (in tightly closed containers)
- Musical instruments
- Yarn, buttons, and rulers
- On-site paper / document shredding (limit of 3 boxes or paper bags per vehicle, no binders or plastic bags)
- Holiday Lights – can be in working or non working condition, from any holiday!
No hazardous waste (e.g. paint, motor oil, air conditioners, refrigerators) will be accepted.
This event is open to all. Materials dropped off will be properly recycled or reused.
The sale is Saturday, May 14, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
A $25 cash/check deposit will reserve a 9″ x 17″ space in the Schaumburg Township parking lot at 1 Illinois Blvd., Hoffman Estates. All other non-township will be required to donate a $25 cash/check to the food pantry to reserve their 9″ x 17″ space. Township residents will have priority but must reserve their space by April 15. Reservations will remain open until May 9 or until space is filled.
To reserve your space or for more information, visit the Schaumburg Township Clerk’s office or call 847.844.0030, x3016. Spaces are provided on a first come, first serve basis.
Tables will be provided for a $5 donation made to the Food Pantry.
Visit the Township’s website for a participation form.