Filed under: Shredding event
WHERE: Engineering and Public Works Open House
714 S. Plum Grove Road
WHEN: Saturday, April 15, 2017
9:00 a.m. — 12:00 p.m. or until the truck is full
WHO: Village of Schaumburg Residents only
PARTICULARS: No cardboard, plastic bags, books or binders, cd’s/hard drives/metallic objects of any kind will be accepted. Staples and paper clips can be included with paper documents.
No business or institutional waste will be accepted.
The Village of Schaumburg’s Environmental Committee, School District 54 and Schaumburg Township District Library are sponsoring a massive recycling/shredding event to be held Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 10:00 to 3:00 at Boomers Stadium, 1999 Springinsguth Road, Schaumburg.
The Recycling portion of the event is open to the public. It is not for business or commercial entities.
Acceptable items for recycling include: televisions (charges apply), personal computers (PCs), laptops, monitors, keyboards, electronic mice, hard drives, CD ROM/Zip/Tape drives, modems, cords and cables (power, USB, etc.), VCRs, DVD players, CD players, radios, stereos, tape players, telephones, cameras (film, magnetic tape, digital), palm organizers, gaming consoles, joysticks/game controls, scanners/fax machines, pagers, paper shredders and answering machines, toner/ink cartridges, and small household appliances including microwaves.
TV/Computer Monitor below 21″ $25
TV/Computer Monitor 21″ and above $35
LCD or LED TV/Computer Monitor Any Size $15
Cash or Credit on site.
Document shredding by Docu-Shred is limited to two copy boxes per Village of Schaumburg resident only.
Miscellaneous Items also accepted:
- Rechargeable and automotive batteries only accepted by Interstate Batteries. Alkaline batteries are not accepted.
- Modest amounts of motor oil and antifreeze accepted by Illinois Recovery Group
- Vegetable Oil free of lard, fat grease and grit accepted by Green Grease Environmental
- CFL light bulbs accepted by Republic Services Inc.
- Tube type Fluorescent bulbs
- Eyeglasses accepted by Lions Club
- Bicycles, wheel chairs and sewing machines accepted by Working Bikes
- American flags accepted by Ellsworth Meineke American Legion Post #1983
- Books accepted by S.C.A.R.C.E.
- Clothing, shoes, purses, belts, hats, back packs, towels, linens and more accepted by USAgain.
- Fire extinguishers
Unacceptable items include: Large appliances, air conditioners, water heaters, garbage disposals, regular garbage, latex or oil-based paint, paint thinner and other household hazardous wastes.
Now is the time to do some spring cleaning and do your green part by recycling those unwanted items!